Sunday 13 April 2014

Worth Way

Pete was unable to lead this months easy ride so I stepped in. I fancied putting the knobbly tyres on my bike and riding the Worth Way, so that's what we did.

The weather was nice and I ventured out in shorts for the first time this year. I was joined at Three Bridges station by John C, Val and Malcolm before we set off along Billington Way and onto the track. Spring had arrived and the Worth Way was lined with Bluebells, Wood Anemone, Celandine and lots of Blackthorn blossom.

The ride out to East Grinstead was really pleasant and it was good to see lots of families out on their bikes.

Here's a video of the ride through East Grinstead and out on the Forest Way:

We stopped to nip up to a viewpoint and look across to Weirwood reservoir, but now that apple trees have been planted in the field up there the view has gone. Once we got riding again, I took a little detour on some single track and then we all took another to view Brambletye House before carrying on into Forest Row.
As you can see, we headed through the back of Forest Row and past a gathering of car enthusiasts before pulling up at the Java and Jazz cafe.

After a pleasant lunch (chocolate milkshake and a toasted sandwich for me), we headed back.

It was a really nice ride, pleasant and completely uneventful.......

No comments:

Post a Comment