Sunday 26 January 2014

Anyone for Coffee?

Michael had a nice little route planned for today with long or short options to cater for whoever turned up. Due to a party on Saturday night, I'd only managed about three hours sleep and only had 20 minutes to get to Horsham. Just as I was deciding I would have to miss the ride, Anton phoned to see if I needed a lift! So it was that Anton and I joined Michael, Val and Norman in the cafe at Horsham pavilions. Have I mentioned that it was raining hard and that the temperature was only a few degrees above freezing? Well, we all had a coffee and sat there chatting, no-one seemed keen to get out into the lousy weather. We each came up with reasons not to get all cold and wet (mine was that I needed to get back to bed and catch up on my sleep!) and the time ticked by. If anything the weather was actually getting worse and we were enjoying our chatting and coffees so eventually we all decided to forego cycling for the day and just head for home. We'll try and run the ride later in the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment