Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Dinner

Today's ride would act as an appetite improver for the main event, the Christmas Dinner.



We decided to have starts from both Horsham and Crawley. Pete E, Norman and Frank left from HPP, Gordon, Jacqui, Anton, Ken and myself started from Three Bridges, whilst Barbara and Sandra travelled independently via Colgate.


It was cold but not too nippy and the roads seemed to be clear of ice. The Crawley contingent headed north on the NCN21 as far as Gatwick. There we turned west, under the A23 and I then noticed I had a slow puncture. Trying to save time, we just pumped it up and carried on, through to Povey Cross and then left to Charlwood. Here we took the third left and headed up to Russ Hill where I had to stop for about the fourth time to put air back in my tyre. As I was doing so, Pete phoned to say that his group had reached the rendezvous point at Rusper. I reckoned we were about 5-10 minutes away, but a couple of minutes later Pete rang again to say that they were going on and to meet at the pub. This meant we could cut out a hill and head straight to Faygate.


My phone rang again just as we were climbing the last hill up to Wimlands Lane and for family reasons I had to head straight home and miss the Christmas dinner.


However, I'm told that the food was good and hot and that everyone enjoyed themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment