Sunday 13 November 2011

DA AGM - Pulborough

Second week of November, still quite warm!

Todays ride was down to Pulborough to attend the West Sussex DA AGM.

I was always going to struggle to get to Horsham for the 09:30 start so, on realising I was going to be at least 10 minutes late, I contacted Barbara (the ride leader) to let her know. She sent me a message back to confirm her route would go via Woods Hill and so I just rode straight through Horsham and out on the Worthing Road. Turning right at Tower Hill, I sped down Two Mile Ash Road past The Bax Castle and on to Barns Green. Valewood Lane then took me to West Chiltington Lane and onwards to Coneyhurst where I safely crossed the A272. Then, as I reached Broadford Bridge I spotted the lone figure of Barbara just ahead and we tackled Woods Hill together - it's nice to have a someone to chat to when tackling a hard climb.

After West Chiltington we went along Stream Lane and soon after pulled up at The Village Hall in Pulborough where about twenty of us from the three sections of West Sussex CTC had congregated for the AGM. The meeting worked through its agenda with reports from all three sections and also the Treasurer before we observed two minutes silence at 11:00hrs.

When we resumed the meeting, the results of the various DA competitions were revealed and I'm pleased to report that Horsham and Crawley section won three of the four on offer! Well done everybody, we may have the smallest membership of the three sections but we've certainly punched above our weight this year.

AGM completed, we headed for lunch at The Rising Sun in Nutbourne where we sat outside in pleasant sunshine and enjoyed food, drink and each others company.



Here'a a "contre-jour" shot by Barbara:




On the way home I spotted a lot of fungi along the roadsides and took a couple of snaps of them:





Our next ride is on Sunday 20th November, starting from Three Bridges Station at 09:30.

Frank will be leading a fairly easy 30 mile ride up to Redhill Aerodrome for elevenses, across to The Skimmington Castle pub for lunch and then back to Crawley - who knows, the weather may still be mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment