Sunday 21 March 2010

Wheatsheaf, Plummers Plain

Date: 21st March
Ride: Wheatsheaf, Plummers Plain
Distance: 35 miles - medium
Leader: Mick

I thought I had better check the start details for the ride and found that the website showed a 09:30 Horsham(HPP) start and the Pedaller showed a 09:00 Three Bridges(TBR) start. Arranged with Bob for him to start at TBR and I would start at HPP. Only Barbara turned up at HPP so we set off the meet Bob at Colgate. En-route I got a call from John V asking where I was. I explained the situation and arranged to meet him and John C at Colgate too.

Having regrouped at Colgate we headed at 10:05 for Grouse Road, Hammer Ponds and Church Lane, where Bob got a puncture. After fixing this it was down to the A281 and then Newells Lane, Prings Lane and Burnthouse Lane. As we were running late I decided to use a short section of the A272 through Cowfold and then north onto Picts Lane, Long House Lane;



Next was Earwig Lane UP to Warninglid. Continuing north and down to Slaugham Pond the two Johns left us at this point.

We arrived at the lunch stop at 11:50. Sussex and a sausage sandwich as usual. Anton and Shirley joined us for lunch. Leaving the pub we headed along Grouse Road into Colgate and home. I got home at 14:25, just in time to miss East Enders.

Official miles for the day: 30

Our next ride is on Sunday 28th March and starts from Three Bridges Railway Station at 10:00hrs. Led by Pete S it will be a 40 mile round trip with lunch at the Anchor Inn, Hartfield. I bet he uses some/all of the Worth Way/Forest Way.

Don't forget that the clocks go FORWARD on Saturday night, so you'll have one LESS hour in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment