Monday 21 December 2009

Oh no! Not another poem!

Snow and Ice
Is all very nice
And picture skew
But would you
Ride a bike in it?

Evidently not,
For when I got
To the start
No-one apart
From Mick was there!

And he’d walked.
So we just talked
About the snow
And where we will go
On the Anniversary Ride.

Tenterden’s chosen
(Though currently frozen)
And details will be
Provided by me
By e-mail and on our web-pages.

Back to the ride
And I couldn’t hide
The joy of not needing
To go ride a-leading
I’d just cycle back to my warm house.

On leaving the town
Midst trees weighted down
With bright white snow
I cycled quite slow
And enjoyed my place on this planet.

Pease Pottage was gained
And for once I refrained
From riding that slope
On a wish and a hope
Cos I’d never have stopped at the bottom!

Just for some fun
The next bit of the run
Was through Tilgate Forest
With snow up to my chest
(Well actually that’s poetic license!)

You just cannot beat
Being perched on the seat
Of a bike, you know
In rain, sun or snow
And so with a broad smile I arrived home (to end this poem).

No comments:

Post a Comment